The Buchanan County Public Library is looking forward to opening soon!
While we don’t have a re-open date, we want to share with our patrons some of the changes they can expect when we do open.
1) As patrons come through the front door, there will be a returns cart to the right. All items coming back to the library need to be placed there or in our outside book drop to the left of the front door. This gives us the chance to quarantine these items before cleaning and re-shelving them.
We’ll be holding all items for three days which is the recommended time by both the CDC and ALA. We’ve already adjusted our grace period so no one will have any overdues for those days.
2) We’ve added a Self-Check out station for books.
3) At the Circulation desk we’ve added sneeze guards and signage to help maintain social distancing.
4) All the public computer stations now have acoustic privacy panels both to maintain social distancing and to improve our patrons experience using our computers.
5) Many chairs have been temporally removed so it will be easier to stay 6 foot apart.
6) Toys have been stored and the children’s play area is roped off until we can ensure safer conditions for our children.
7) Our new study room will be ready for patrons when we open. Ask us about its’ features and how reservations will work.
8) Our meeting rooms will not be available and we will not have in person programs at least until fall.
9) We’ve created a Graphic Novel section in our Teen area with Young Adult graphic novels on one side and adult graphic novels on the other.
10) and of course we will be practicing enhanced cleaning!
Until we open please ask us about our Mailbox Library home delivery service, our online resources and programs, ebooks, downloadable services, AND our online and in your mailbox Summer Reading Program!
Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to.