Announcing “Book Drop Forgiveness at the Buchanan County Public Library”! All fines on any overdue library items placed in our book drop between Wednesday June 24th and Sunday July 5th will be forgiven! Our book drop is located to the left of our main entrance door and is open at all times. Once the library opens on Monday July 6th at 1pm “Book Drop Forgiveness” will be over so round up your library items such as books, audiobooks, and videos and drop them in our book drop!
The Buchanan County Public Library will re-open on Monday July 6, 2020! We will be open on our regular schedule; however, the following guidelines are in place to protect our patrons and our staff.
- All library staff will be wearing masks to protect our patrons and we ask that our patrons wear masks to protect library staff and fellow patrons.
- Social distancing will be in effect. 6 feet distances are encouraged. Tables, chairs, computers, and the circulation desk are arranged to encourage social distancing.
- The Children’s Play area is closed. We will bring toys back and open the Children’s Play area as soon as we can do so safely.
- No in person programs and events until at least August. Be sure to continue enjoying our online programs and events.
- We will be practicing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting. Please be patient as we take extra time to clean between patrons using computers, the photocopier, and other high touch surfaces.
- We ask that patrons place returning items on the book cart to your right as you enter the library or through the book drop to the left of the entry door. All returned items will be cleaned and quarantined for 72 hours before being shelved. No overdues will be charged for items in quarantine; however, fines for past due items will be charged beginning August 1st, 2020.
- Please place items handled but not being checked out on the carts labeled Please Return Any Handled Materials Here or bring it to the Circulation Desk.
- Our ability to provide one on one computer and tech assistance will be extremely limited due to social distancing and not being able to handle patrons’ devices. We will be able to assist you with faxes and scanning to email.
- Only 35 patrons can be inside the library at a time.
- Meeting space can be scheduled on a case-by-case basis beginning July 27, 2020 depending upon guidelines in effect at that time.
Please understand that we really do want to help and look forward to being able to provide assistance in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sherry J Bright at 276-935-5721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.