Meeting Space Guidelines
The Buchanan County Public Library offers meeting space to nonprofit, civic, and community groups at no cost with the following provisions:
- The meeting is open to the public.
- No fee is charged to attend.
- It is scheduled by a representative of the group who agrees to be responsible for any damage done to the meeting space, furniture, or equipment.
- Correct contact information is provided by the group representative.
- Any request for equipment such as a laptop, projector, etc. or furniture arrangement is made no less than 24 hours before the meeting.
- Library programs and work issues take priority over outside groups.
- Food or drinks of any kind are not permitted without prior arrangement with Library Administration.
- Space assignment will be based on availability, group size and group needs.
- Requests for space may be made no more than three months in advance to allow other groups equal opportunity to schedule.
- All scheduling is done through the Library Administrative Assistant or Director.
- The Library Administrative Assistant or Director must be notified as soon as possible if the meeting is cancelled.
- The Director may cancel a reservation due to schedule changes or an emergency. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the group representative as soon as possible.
If space is available, other space assignments may be considered on a case by case basis. The following are the most commonly accepted requests:
- Classes or meetings that promote economic or community development.
- Study groups.
- Skype or other web based meetings.
- Private meetings between Buchanan County citizens for personal business reasons.
Space will not be scheduled for private parties, profit making ventures, or for those under 18 without adult sponsorship and supervision.