The Buchanan County Public Library offers interlibrary loan service under these guidelines:
- The item being requested is not available at the Buchanan County Public Library in any format. If it is available, library staff will make every reasonable effort to provide that item in a useable fashion.
- We will make up to 12 requests per calendar year for each patron as long as that patron is in good standing.
- Borrowing institutes are allowed up to 12 loans per year as long as they maintain good partner standing.
- Loans to institutions outside our contract area may be limited due to financial considerations.
- We do not loan videos, local history materials, materials that do not normally circulate, items in our collection less than one year, or items in high demand by our patrons. We also reserve the right to not loan an item that is part of a series.
- We will make and fulfill requests according to standard practices in place when requests are made. See Procedure Manual.
- Associated costs other than those set by our institutional contracts will be collected from the borrowing party.
- Any patron or borrowing institute who does not pick up items or return items on time will not be eligible for future loans.
- If a patron or borrowing institute returns a damaged item, fees for that item or items will be assessed.