Code Of Conduct
In order to provide an atmosphere conducive to the appropriate use of its service and facilities, the Buchanan County Public Library requires the public to comply with the following rules and regulations.
- Improper conduct is prohibited. The following forms of conduct shall be considered improper:
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct.
- Obscene or abusive language or acts.
- Presence in the library or on the library grounds while under the influence of any intoxicant, narcotic or similar substance.
- Use of any intoxicant, narcotic or similar substance on the library premises.
- Smoking, use of tobacco products, use of e cigarette or personal vaporizer.
- Mutilating, defacing, or damaging any library property.
- The consumption of food or beverages within the library is prohibited without prior permission of library authorities and is permitted only in areas designated by those authorities.
- All library materials must be charged out and returned in accordance with established procedures prior to removal from the library.
- All briefcases, oversize handbags, carryalls, luggage, packages, overcoats, and shopping bags are subject to inspection by library staff when the library’s security alarm is triggered by a patron leaving the premises.
- Library staff may request anyone to provide proper identification while on library property.
- Attire and shoes appropriate for a public place must be worn.
- Animals, other than accepted service animals, are not permitted in library buildings.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations will result in being asked to leave and may result in suspension of library privileges.