Library Community Calendar 2021
The Buchanan County Public Library maintains a web calendar in order to keep our patrons up to date on events, programs, and classes at the library. We will be using the calendar subscription lists to keep in touch with patrons through email. Patrons can subscribe and unsubscribe as they desire within the calendar software. We are expanding the opportunity for community members to post their own events in our calendar under the following guidelines:
- All library events, programs, and activities will be listed in both the public calendar and the staff information calendar as appropriate.
- Calendar submissions will be reviewed on Monday and Thursday. The Director, the Public Services staff, the Library Administrative Assistant, and appropriate part time staff will approve community submissions as needed on those days. The library Systems Administrator will act as tech support.
- Community submissions must include name of event, location, time, description of event, and contact information of responsible party. Those submitting event should include an appropriate photograph, graphic, or other item that can appear with the event as well as suggestion of event category. Those submitting events are responsible for the accuracy of the submission.
- Noncommercial community events will be considered first with the library having the right not to approve any event.
- Events may fall onto more than one listing category. Library staff has the right (not the obligation) to post to any listing or not to post based on common sense understanding of the nature of any event.
- Calendar subscribers are subscribing to the Library subscription list. Their information falls under the library’s privacy guidelines and is not available to those submitting events to our calendar.
- All calendar events are subject to change and the Library is not responsible for non-library event changes. Community members who do not update their events may lose posting privileges.
- Calendar event categories include:
- Arts and Cultural Events
- Buchanan County Public Library Event
- Civic Organization Events
- Community Resource Events
- Government Event
- Sports and Recreation Events
- Library Staff