Plan a Visit
We welcome all Buchanan County residents and those traveling through our area to visit the library. We offer business services such as fax, self service photocopying, printing for $.20 a page, and access to the internet with ID. Our books, newspapers, and magazines may be used in the library without a library card. If you are doing genealogy and other research, use our online catalog to check for materials and Book a Librarian to help during your visit. Be sure to check our upcoming events, Library News, and Calendar for activities to enjoy.
In order to provide an atmosphere conducive to the appropriate use of its service and facilities, the Buchanan County Public Library requires the public to comply with the following rules and regulations.
1. Improper conduct is prohibited. The following forms of conduct shall be considered improper:
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct.
- Obscene or abusive language or acts.
- Presence in the library or on the library grounds while under the influence of any intoxicant, narcotic, or similar substance.
- Use of any intoxicant, narcotic, or similar substance on the library premises.
- Smoking, use of tobacco products, electronic cigarette, or personal vaporizer.
- Mutilating or defacing any library property.
2. The consumption of food or beverages within the library is prohibited without prior permission of library authorities and is permitted only in areas designated by those authorities.
3. All library materials must be charged out and returned in accordance with established procedures prior to removal from the library.
4. All briefcases, oversize handbags, carryalls, luggage, packages, overcoats, and shopping bags are subject to inspection by library staff when the library’s security alarm is triggered by a patron leaving the premises.
5. Library staff may request proper identification for those on library property.
6. Shirt and shoes required.
7. Animals, other than accepted service animals, are not permitted in the library building.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations may result in suspension of library privileges.